ilbusca via Getty
Here are some links to get you through the day, brought to you by Re/code:
- Make time for this GQ story about Christopher Thomas Knight, a man who evaded authorities and survived on scraps from homes he broke into during his nearly 30-year stay in the woods, making him perhaps the last true hermit living in America.
- Medium’s Matter magazine put together a series of infographics to explain a terrorist group many people are now trying to understand. The provocative title: “ISIS as Start-Up: Explosive Growth, Highly Disruptive, Super-Evil.”
- What happened to Jonathan Lipnicki, former child star of movies like “Jerry Maguire” and “Stuart Little”? Lipnicki wants to tell you, via a YouTube video that makes it very clear that he’s never done drugs.
- Would you believe that Wyoming emits 112.5 tons of carbon per capita? Here’s how it compares to the rest of the country, via New Republic’s map that shows us how much each state is screwing up the environment.
- The Los Angeles Times reported on a novel “restorative justice” project. Among other innovative approaches, it involved asking American inmates to design their own prisons.
If you see any stories you’d like to send our way (or have any questions/comments about stories we’ve recommended), feel free to shoot an email to email@example.com.