You may use the site without registration, but in order to take advantage of some aspects of the site, you may need to register for an account. Your account is for your sole, personal use, you may not authorize others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You are responsible for the security of your password and will be solely liable for any use or unauthorized use under such password.
Your License to Company
Acceptable Use Policy
We expect all of our users to be respectful of other people. If you notice any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or other unacceptable behavior by any user, you should report such activity to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on the site or transmit to other users and agree that you will not hold Company responsible or liable for any Content from other users that you access on the site.
Categories of prohibited Content below are merely examples and are not intended to be exhaustive. Company will make the sole determination as to whether or not Content is acceptable for the site. Without limitation, you are that you will not post or transmit to other users anything that contains Content that:
- is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane or offensive;
- infringes or violates another party’s intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos or other materials for which you do not have written authority from the owner of such materials to post on the site);
- violates any party’s right of publicity or right of privacy;
- is threatening, harassing or that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- promotes or encourages violence;
- is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
- is illegal or promotes any illegal activities;
- contains personal information of any party such as phone numbers, addresses, license plate numbers etc;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- contains any advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
You are responsible for ensuring that the Content you post does not infringe on the rights of any copyright owned by any other person or entity. We will promptly remove materials in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) if we are properly notified that the Content infringes the copyright of any other person or entity in accordance with the procedures set forth in our Takedown Policy, which is set forth at the end of this document.
You understand that when using the site, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that Company is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. If you do so object, you should not use the site.
Termination of Access
This site may contain links to other web sites not maintained by us. These links may include listings that can provide you with further information, or links that have been included in materials uploaded to the site by a party other than Company. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the terms and conditions and privacy statements of each and every web site that you visit. We are not responsible for the practices or the content of such other web sites or services. Despite any links that might exist on the site, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with such third parties.
Our Proprietary Rights
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT ON THE SERVICE. FURTHER, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE COMPLETELY SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES OR BY ANY LINKS TO ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, COSTS OF COVER, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH, EACH OF WHICH IS HEREBY EXCLUDED BY AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
If any part of these warranty disclaimers or limitations of liability is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason or if we are otherwise found to be liable to you in any manner, then our aggregate liability for all claims under such circumstances for liabilities, shall not exceed fifty dollars ($50).
Any claims asserted by you in connection with the site must be asserted in writing to Company within one (1) year of the date such claim first arose, or such claim is forever waived by you. Each claim shall be adjudicated individually, and you agree not to combine your claim with the claim of any third party.
Should you have any questions you may contact us at email@example.com.
Copyright Takedown Policy
If you believe that your copyrighted materials have been improperly posted or used on our site in a manner which you believe constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with notification containing all of the following information:
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work(s) (“Work”) that you believe has been infringed upon (i.e., describe the work that you own).
- Provide us with information reasonably sufficient to locate the Work, or describe where you saw it posted.
- Provide a reasonably sufficient method of contacting you. A phone number and email address would be preferred.
- Provide information that you have, if any, sufficient for us to notify the user(s) who posted the Content that allegedly contains the infringing Work. You may also provide screenshots or other materials that are helpful to identify the Work in question. This information is optional, but does help us to resolve issues addressed by your notification.
- Include the following statement: “I have good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted materials described above and contained on the service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by protection of law.”
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.” You must also sign the notification.
This notification must be emailed to our designated Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When a valid DMCA notification is received, we will respond under this process by taking down the offending Content, if it has not already been deleted.
To File a Counter-Notification
If you believe that a complaint made against any Works posted by you is not the subject of a valid copyright Takedown Notice, and that such material was mistakenly removed, you can provide us with a notification containing all of the following information:
- List any items, whether copyrighted or not (“Item”) that were removed, and the location(s) the Item appeared before it was removed. Please identify the object in sufficient detail for us to determine its prior location.
- Provide your name, address, telephone number, email address (if available).
- State that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which you reside (or the Central District of California, if your address is outside of the United States).
- State that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification to us of the alleged infringement or an agent of such person.
- State the following: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.” This notification must be emailed to our designated Copyright Agent at email@example.com.
We will also provide counter-notifications to the person making the DMCA claim. Regardless of whether or not we reinstitute the Work in question, the person making the claim may elect to file a lawsuit against you for copyright infringement.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that a Work is infringing, leading to its removal, may be subject to liability. For this reason, you should confirm the accuracy of all information you submit and comply with any requests that we may make for additional information.