Kevin Eastman via Variety
Good morning! Here are a few of the links getting passed around the Re/code newsroom:
- For Politico Magazine, Jacob Silverman dives into the State Department’s new efforts to win the war on terror … on Twitter.
- Here’s the first-ever drawing of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. It’s for sale, and Variety says its creator thinks it is worth $2 million.
- Valleywag’s Sam Biddle says TaskRabbit is no longer a poster child for the “sharing economy” and now looks a whole lot like a conventional temp agency. Some TaskRabbits are not enthusiastic about the change.
- When you were 20 years old, don’t you wish that you had advice from some of the big names in Silicon Valley? No? Anyway, TechCrunch rounded up words of wisdom from an event for interns featuring founders of PayPal, Instagram, Re/code and others.
- Michael C. Ruppert, noted conspiracy theorist and subject of the 2009 documentary “Collapse,” killed himself earlier this year. The Verge took a long look at his bizarre life and untimely death.
If you see any stories you’d like to send our way (or have any questions/comments about stories we’ve recommended), feel free to shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.