#Mustreads From Other Sites: Shatner Slams Facebook, Anonymous Targets Israel
Good morning! Here’s what Re/code is having with our coffee this morning:
- Famed app reviewer William Shatner took to his Tumblr yesterday to trash Facebook’s “Mentions,” which you can’t use unless you’re famous.
- Mother Jones’s Dana Liebelson looks at the hacker collective Anonymous’s new campaign against the Israeli government.
- The Upshot’s Claire Cain Miller explains why technology and Silicon Valley are partly responsible for the collapse in mid-wage jobs during the Great Recession.
- Guardian contributor J.R. Hennessy has a message for all you #disruptors: Your utopia sucks, and you’re not going to get people to like you.
- What was your favorite year in music? 1994? 2003? Something even further back? Check out the Nostalgia Machine, which auto-assembles a video playlist of the most popular songs from any given year back to 1960.
If you see any stories you’d like to send our way (or have any questions/comments about stories we’ve recommended), feel free to shoot an email to email@example.com.