#Mustreads From Other Sites: Yo! Vs. the Rockets, Scary Stuff at the CDC
Here are some of the links we think you should check out today:
- Yo!, the useless VC-backed messaging app that was hot last month for about a day or two, has been repurposed into an app alerting Israelis about incoming rockets from Lebanon and the Gaza Strip. Wired has more.
- BuzzFeed media reporter Myles Tanzer reports on an everything-old-is-new-again trend on information-heavy sites: Highlighting a few interesting pieces readers may have missed when they first came out. That sounds like a good idea!
- Well, this is frightening: Following reports that 81 people may have been exposed to anthrax at the Center for Disease Control, Bloomberg Businessweek’s John Tozzi says the CDC has a “culture of insufficient safety,” which means there have been similar lapses in the past.
- Joe Lazauskas of Contently explains why sponsored material on the viral content site Upworthy consistently outperforms their regular editorial product.
- Charles Darwin’s complete library from his trip to the Galapagos Islands is now available at Darwin Online. If you want to speed through to the some 5,000 pictures, you can click here to find your next Facebook cover photo.
If you see any stories you’d like to send our way (or have any questions/comments about stories we’ve recommended), feel free to shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.