Amazon Fire Smartphone Available Exclusively Through AT&T for $199
Amazon said its new Fire smartphone will be priced competitively with similar devices on the market — and include 12 free months of a Prime subscription.
Amazon Chief Executive Jeff Bezos said the Fire phone will be available for $199 with a two-year contract (or $27 a month through AT&T’s Next installment payment program) for the 32 gigabyte model and $299 for the 64GB version.
The device ships on July 25, and includes a year of Amazon’s Prime service, worth $99, which offers on-demand movie and TV streaming as well as lower-cost or free shipping.
Buying the phone without subscribing to a contract will cost $649 and $749 for the two models.
AT&T Mobility CEO Ralph de la Vega took the stage in Seattle to talk up the features of the Amazon Fire smartphone, especially dynamic perspective.
“When I have shown that phone to people, I get one response — wow,” he said.
De la Vega said the device may be preordered today exclusively through AT&T.
More on Amazon’s Fire Smartphone
- Amazon’s Stock Fizzles After Fire Phone Pop
- Bezos: Amazon Fire Phone Was a Long Time Coming
- Amazon’s Smartphone Ambitions Go Beyond Making Shopping Easier
- Amazon Could Have Put the Hurt on Other Android Phone Makers, but Didn’t
- Amazon Fire Smartphone Available Exclusively Through AT&T for $199
- Amazon Fire Smartphone Boasts Enhanced Depth Perception, Tilt Control
- Amazon’s Fire Smartphone Uses “Firefly” Image Recognition
- Amazon Unveils the Fire Phone (Liveblog)
- T-Mobile’s CEO Pokes at Amazon Over AT&T Exclusive
- Was the Amazon Phone Inspired by This Video?