As part of our Re/code Special Series LA Stories, our news partner CNBC talked to some players on the LA tech scene — looking good, Peter Pham and Mike Jones of Science, Gravity’s Amit Kapur and Sophia Amoruso of Nasty Gal — and also our reporter on the ground, Nellie Bowles.
Also, sorry, but surfboards were unavoidable — as is a whole lot of innovation in the Southland.
You can read the whole series here, which will be running all week through Sunday.
Here’s their report:
And here’s me on video talking about the Re/code report, LA Stories — with my Rayban aviators, natch:
More LA Stories Articles
- Swipe Right: The Tinderlicious Power Players of LA Tech List
- Hollywood vs. Silicon Valley: Lloyd Braun Has Some Things He’d Like to Say
- Hollywood vs. Silicon Valley: Call in the Celebrities! Or Not.
- A Very Short History of LA Tech
- Get Your LA Tech Map to the Stars Here!
- Somewhere a Place for Us: The Star-Crossed Private Club of LA Tech
- USC Tech Professor: Fewer Kegerators, More Entrepreneurs
- Beach Volleyball on USC’s Entrepreneur Greek Row
- Hey, Tech Workers: LA or SF? (Chart)
- Three LA Boys: Snapchat’s Evan Spiegel, Tinder’s Sean Rad and Whisper’s Michael Heyward