Facebook’s jaw-dropping $19 billion acquisition of mobile messaging outfit WhatsApp is the largest-ever purchase of a Silicon Valley company, and one that illustrates the high stakes for Facebook and its rivals in the battle to dominate the mobile Internet. Here’s everything you need to know about the deal.
- Facebook’s WhatsApp Deal Could Jumpstart Internet.org Plans
- Q&A With Sequoia’s Jim Goetz on Wassssup With the WhatsApp Deal
- Facebook Price for Having No Phone OS? $19 Billion. A Must-Have Apps Play? Priceless.
- Before Facebook Deal, WhatsApp Was Helping BuzzFeed and Shazam Go Viral With New Platform Tools
- What WhatsApp Did Right, According to Jan Koum (Video)
- WhatsApp: Sequoia’s Second Big Facebook App Deal
- Facebook to Buy WhatsApp for $16+ Billion